Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Shower Planner Brochure

Here is the original brochure I had printed to pass out to local restaurants, catering halls, etc.  It's a tri-fold brochure, so try to imagine the first image on top of the second one, and then folded up.  My mother and sister planned my bridal shower and my baby shower, and I remembered my mother telling me how difficult it was to find chairs, wishing wells, and umbrellas to rent for the party.  My mother is not the "craftiest" of people, which got me thinking..."Hey, I can make this stuff!"  So I purchased some wicker furniture, and spent days and weeks covering them with batting and satin and trimming them with ribbon.  As I was making these items, I thought people would appreciate having the option of having color added into these accessories, so I created each piece with the ability to swap different colors in and out...so if someone wanted pink for a baby girl shower or sapphire to match the bridal party's dresses for a bridal shower, they could!

As I was making these rental items, I started to think more and more about how my mother and sister wanted to make sure both of my showers were beautiful and memorable, and how they wanted to make many of the items themselves but didn't know where to start.  So, I began to create invitations, favors, place seatings, centerpieces, games, table displays, and other personal touches to ensure a one-of-a-kind shower.  I've also created kits for most of my items so the hostesses can purchase the materials and step-by-step directions on how to create each item so they can add their own personal touches.





No comments:

Post a Comment